Hawaii will receive pay-outs of up to US$2m for reef restoration if tropical storms hit, building on the world’s first reef insurance policy covering hurricane damage in Mexico.
Global advisory firm WTW and The Nature Conservancy (TNC) have joined forces to announce the first ever coral reef insurance policy to be offered in the US, which aims to provide funds to protect, restore,...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial