BP dilutes plans to reduce oil and gas output as it becomes the latest fossil fuel giant to post bumper profits following Russia's war in Ukraine – but could such short term thinking prove a risky bet?
As news of bumper oil and gas profits continues to roll in, the temptation for the likes of Shell, BP, and others to continue to maximise their record earnings from hydrocarbons is evidently proving impossible...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.