The UK government should increase tax on things we want less of - such as pollution - and reduce tax on things we want more of - such as jobs - explains Eunomia's Chris Sherrington
When the government recently announced its intention to increase National Insurance to pay for a £12bn investment in health and social care, I can't have been alone in thinking about other ways in which...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial