Major banks enhance their climate efforts, with HSBC promising to 'phase down' fossil fuel finance and Barclays hailing success of green investments to date
Two of the UK's leading banks have today moved to bolster their climate commitments, with HSBC announcing it will no longer finance new oil and gas fields and Barclays confirming a new target to ramp up...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial