Fresh analysis from UCL argues oil and gas extraction from the North Sea would have to fall year on year in order to align with 1.5C, but the government remains steadfast in support for the sector
Development of further oil and gas fields in the North Sea would be "incompatible" with the goals of the Paris Agreement, with up to ten billion barrels of oil and six billion barrels of gas "unextractable"...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.