The Fairtrade Foundation has called on the UK government to include imported emissions that were generated overseas in the process of meeting UK consumption needs in its carbon targets, in a detailed new report published today
The UK must stop "dumping" its emissions on poorer nations and acknowledge the full extent of its carbon footprint by including its consumption-based emissions within its overall net zero target, according...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial