Greenpeace, Friends of the Earth, and Global Witness have all raised concerns about the creeping reliance on unproven carbon removal methods in companies' decarbonisation strategies, but some scientists maintain carbon capture is essential if net zero goals are to be met
For decades debates about the role of carbon capture technologies in decarbonisation strategies have rumbled on in the background. But as both conventional carbon capture and storage (CCS) systems and...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial