The UK government should introduce a California-style Zero-Emission Vehicle Mandate to clean up road transport, argues Policy Exchange's Ed Birkett
Transport is now the UK's biggest source of climate-warming greenhouse gas emissions. The Government plans to ban the sale of petrol, diesel and hybrid cars and vans by 2035 or earlier, but now needs an...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial