The Chancellor's green home upgrade scheme risks repeating the mistakes of past retrofitting programmes, writes Alan Whitehead MP, Labour's Shadow Minister for Energy and Clean Growth
It would be churlish not to give a welcome to the Chancellor's announcement in his Summer Statement that £2bn has been set aside to underpin a programme of energy efficiency retrofits for Britain's housing....
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial