The UK and EU are in the process of drawing up plans setting out how they will reduce their reliance on Russian oil and gas. But could they cut off supplies altogether, amid growing pressure from campaigners and the Kremlin's foreboding threats to launch an energy war?
As Russia continues its bombing of Ukrainian cities, pressure is mounting on governments to add oil and gas to the extensive list of economic sanctions they have placed on Moscow. While the moral case...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.