Shell and BP are writing down assets while a raft of US fracking firms are entering bankruptcy protection – change is coming to the fossil fuel industry faster than anyone expected
The stranded asset hypothesis just got real. In the past month, first BP and now this week Shell have announced plans for multi-billion pound write downs on some of their fossil fuel assets; the former...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.