The decades-long failure of the campaign to ban the commercial sale of peat offers a number lessons for the transition to a low-carbon economy, argues Trewin Restorick
In 1991 Friends of the Earth produced ‘Gardening without peat' described as an essential book on peat alternatives. Over 30 years later, despite numerous campaigns, there is still no ban on the commercial...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.