Claims that tournament is 'carbon neutral' challenged, as criticism mounts from footballers and athletes over FIFA's questionable carbon accounting and use of offsets
An advertising campaign that claims the upcoming football world cup in Qatar is a "carbon neutral event" has sparked significant criticism from climate campaigners and athletes, who have argued the organisers...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial