Government aims to revive fracking and confirms fresh oil and gas licensing round, arguing it is 'appropriate to pursue all means for increasing UK oil and gas production'
The government has today officially confirmed plans to lift the ban on fracking for shale gas in England and launch a new oil and gas licensing round in the North Sea, in a move that will spark an angry...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial