Number of people dying from heat-related issues could triple by mid-century as a result of the UK's poorly ventilated buildings, CCC warns, as major new report raises the alarm over escalating climate risks
The number of heat-related deaths could triple by 2050 if action is not taken to make the UK's homes better at keeping citizens cool during periods of extreme heat, the Climate Change Committee (CCC) has...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.