Proposals come as water companies admit to discharging raw sewage more than 372,000 times into England’s rivers, estuaries, and seas last year
The government has announced wide-ranging plans to overhaul the UK's sewerage systems and reduce discharges of raw sewage by 80 per cent by 2050. The Storm Overflows Discharge Reduction Plan outlines...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.