The Times reports consumers could see their petrol and gas bills 'soar' under scheme, but energy sector players point to risks of inaction and argue wider policy push can help minimise costs for consumers
The government is drawing up plans for a national carbon pricing scheme which would help curb emissions, but could increase average gas bills by a third and push up the cost of running a petrol car by...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial