Analysis from Imperial College London finds that government's headline figure to deliver 40GW of offshore wind by 2030 falls far short of levels required to decarbonise grid in line with UK's net zero ambition
The UK will need roughly 108GW of offshore wind capacity by 2035 - more than 10 times current capacity - to achieve a net zero electricity system by the middle of the next decade, researchers from Imperial...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial