Alpha Natural Resources files for Chapter 11 protection as plummeting coal prices leave company struggling with debt mountain
With impeccable symbolic timing, US coal giant Alpha Natural Resources yesterday filed for bankruptcy, coinciding with the publication of the Obama administration's new rules for drastically curbing power...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial