Plans introduced to parliament for a A$23 levy per tonne of carbon from next year ahead of full emissions trading in 2015
Australia's controversial plans for a carbon tax were introduced to parliament today by Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who is hoping that the legislation will finally be adopted at the third time of asking....
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial