As the UK prepares to ramp up efforts to switch to EVs ahead of the 2030 ban on the sale of new diesel and petrol vehicles, two studies this week examine what the government needs to do to encourage uptake and ensure all regions of the country have fair access to charge points
The UK needs to install Electric Vehicle (EV) chargepoints five times faster during the 2020s compared to the current rate or risk leaving "blackspots" in small towns and rural areas where motorists will...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.