The drive led by the former Bank of England Governor to establish a global carbon offset market lacks emphasis on how offset quality will be defined, argues Eli Mitchell-Larson of the University of Oxford's Saïd Business School
Carbon offsetting is once again booming, driven by a flurry of net zero commitments from businesses and institutions. But controversy over offsetting persists. The Mark Carney-led Taskforce for Scaling...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial