The Environmental Audit Committee has written to Rishi Sunak and National Statistician Sir Ian Diamond calling for the UK to adopt a more rounded definition of economic success
Estimates of greenhouse gas emissions should be published alongside GDP figures to make it clearer to policymakers and the public how economic growth and slashing emissions can be achieved together, the...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.