Banking giant says it will end financing for coal fired power and thermal coal mining by 2030 in EU and OECD countries, and by 2040 for the rest of the world - but activist investors remain unimpressed
HSBC has become the latest banking giant to tighten its coal financing policies, today pledging to phase out the financing1 of coal-fired power and thermal coal mining by 2030 in EU and OECD markets, and...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial