Johnson urged by major energy companies to emulate US president-elect Joe Biden and set a deadline for the decarbonisation of Britain's power system ahead of 2050 net zero goal
SSE, Drax, Shell, BP, Sembcorp, and National Grid ESO have urged Prime Minister Boris Johnson to set a clear deadline to reduce emissions from Britain's power system to net zero, following in the footsteps...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.