Veggie burgers are safe, but campaigners warn debate has distracted from broader Common Agricultural Policy proposals set to be voted on this afternoon that they say will seriously hurt European small farmers and natural habitats
Veggie burgers can still be called veggie burgers in the EU, after European lawmakers this afternoon voted down a proposal that would have banned plant-based products being labelled as burgers, steaks...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.