French oil giant concedes oil sands projects are becoming too expensive and warns that 'beyond 2030' peak oil demand beckons
French oil and gas giant Total yesterday announced an $8bn write-down of its most carbon-intensive fossil fuel assets, as the havoc wrought by Covid-19 on on the industry continues to push down oil prices...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial