Two units "the size of shipping containers" are set to optimise onsite solar, provide power resilience and reduce emissions at the wastewater plant, which services 260,000 homes and businesses in North West England.
A 2MW battery storage system has been installed at a water treatment plant in Lancashire, in a move that has been hailed as a template for the wider water industry to follow. The energy storage facility...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial