Fossil fuel firms are increasingly eyeing up plans for blue hydrogen production, but think tank E3G fears the nascent sector risks locking in a new generation of high carbon infrastructure and jobs
The UK's burgeoning hydrogen ambitions risk being "captured" by fossil fuel companies intent on producing the versatile fuel using fossil gas and potentially leaky carbon capture technologies, which could...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.