Fossil fuel financing declined by nine per cent in 2020 amid the economic downturn, but campaigners warn overall trend is 'one heading definitively in the wrong direction'
Net zero commitments may have ricocheted across banking sector over the last 18 months, but big banks' attestations of climate concern did not stop many of them from expanding financing for the world's...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial