UCL's Michael Grubb argues the government's new energy price freeze plan fails to address fundamental flaws in the energy market that are hampering the net zero transition
The energy payments package announced by Prime Minister Liz Truss tackles one immediate problem: it heads off soaring household energy bills by capping them at around £2,500 a year until 2024 and offers...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial