Less than one per cent unabated fossil fuels and at least 80 per cent wind and solar in the power mix required to meet UK climate targets, according to Ember's Tom Harrison
The UK is committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and this year's edition of National Grid ESO's 'Future Energy Scenarios' shows that a 2035 clean power sector driven by a massive expansion...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.