Dr Ben Caldecott argues the row currently raging between Treasury and BEIS over whether to introduce a new carbon tax or UK emissions trading scheme presents a false choice
What are the most efficient and effective ways of pricing carbon as we seek to deliver net zero by 2050 and beyond? What policies do we have already in the UK, what works, and what do need we improve upon?...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.