But critics warn plans will do nothing to curb soaring energy bills in the near term, as Boris Johnson prepares to step up calls for green energy investment
Liz Truss is reportedly poised to approve a raft of new oil and gas drilling licenses, as one of her first acts if, as is widely expected, she is next week elected as Prime Minister. In moves that will...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.