Auction for 5GW of back-up power next winter sees record high prices with gas plants hoovering up contracts for lion’s share of capacity
Clean energy facilities including battery storage, demand side response and pumped hydro storage are among those tapped to provide back up power to the UK grid next winter, as the government awarded around...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial