But insiders remain optimistic ambitious agreement can still be reached, as updated Climate Action Tracker analysis projects slight global CO2 reduction from recent global methane, coal, transport and forest pledges
The COP26 Climate Summit in Glasgow looks increasingly likely to go into "extra time" after the release of the crucial draft cover text for the agreement was delayed by a full 24 hours amidst tense negotiations...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial