Despite gains in offshore wind and low carbon vehicles and infrastructure, the number of people employed in 'green fields' dropped by more than 30,000 between 2014 and 2019, according to the ONS
The Office for National Statistics has revealed the number of people employed in low carbon and renewable energy economy (LCREE) fell from 235,900 in 2014 to 202,100 in 2019, a trend campaigners have warned...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.