French banking giant to end coal financing in Europe by 2030 and sets new renewable energy investment target of €18bn by 2021
BNP Paribas has pledged to cease all financing related to the European thermal coal sector by 2030, before then halting coal investment globally by 2040, as the French banking giant seeks to limit its...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial