Study finds modems, set-top boxes, printers and games consoles using as much electricity when on standby as UK and Norway combined
Around $80bn (£46.4bn) was wasted on power for online devices such as modems, set-top boxes, printers, and games consoles in 2013 and this is set to rise to $120bn by the end of the decade, according to...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial