Government defeated by 237 to 193 in vote to amend energy bill that could mean plants are forced to cut down gas emissions
The House of Lords has voted to kill off Britain's coal-fired power plants more quickly than expected as Labour defeated the government in a vote to amend the energy bill. Peers led by shadow energy...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial