The government will try and argue its bonfire of regulations will not weaken environmental protections, just as it is trying to convince people it is serious about onshore wind development - but such gaslighting will be met with a weary scepticism
Responding to the news late on Wednesday that the government was to shelve the controversial sunset clause contained in its Retained EU Law Bill, chief executive of the Wildlife Trusts Craig Bennett branded...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.