Insight into the technologies, financing solutions and structures that deliver energy efficiency
Green Corporate Energy is an Event, White Paper and Survey that capture leading thinking and best practice at a time when almost all companies are bolstering their Energy Efficiency strategies. Centrica reported last week that the wholesale prices of gas and power for delivery this winter will be 25% higher than 2010, with the CRC and Carbon Floor Price adding additional spice.
Whilst the cost of inaction rises, so too does the opportunity to achieve savings at a level where the FD and Main Board are interested.
GCE11 should help you to challenge your strategies in a number of key areas:
• Detailed new case studies. Hear from Danone, 3M and BT at the event, and read 15 case studies with investment appraisals including The Empire State Building, Barts and London NHS Trust, Whitbread and Sony.
• The latest strategic thinking. KPMG are drawing up a generic Energy Efficiency strategy, with particular focus on change management, and the Survey will reveal where the market is focusing its activities.
• Excellent speakers. The inspiring Michael Liebriech from Bloomberg Energy Finance will kick us off, followed by 20 leading speakers including Richard Tarboton (BT), Patrick Butcher (Network Rail), Jeremy Oppenheim (McKinsey) and Isabel Dedring (GLA).
• Forecasting Energy Prices. We will have a forecast from EC Harris, combined with Survey insights regarding what the corporate community is expecting.
• Technology solutions. Siemens are producing a bespoke technology matrix, the Survey responses will reveal the top technologies in terms of paybacks, and our panel of experts will draw out the ways in which you can achieve the big Energy Efficiency breakthroughs.
• Considering Energy Performance Contracts. A hot area for corporates and public sector; our panel of experts discuss the pro's and con's and the White Paper looks at a successful case study.
• Whole Life Costing. Davis Langdon is writing an article for the White Paper on "Demystifying Whole Life Costing", and our panel of experts will be exploring further valuation tools.
The White Paper will have 12 bespoke case studies and 7 Strategy Insights on key areas. There is plenty more, but hopefully this gives you a flavour of the level of work that many experts across the industry are putting into this event, and why we call it a "Breakthrough" event. We expect a full house of 150 senior executives, mainly in the Sustainability, Energy, FM/Property, Finance and Procurement functions.
The booking price of a single delegate ticket is £799, but you can get this down to £239 by bringing people from different internal departments. To find out more, give Jon at Green Business Events a call on 0207 160 9856, email him at [email protected] or visit the website at www.greencorporateenergy.com.
Chancellor claims new government—funded body will help make the UK a world leader in sustainable finance
As the Climate Change Act turns 10, future battle lines are being drawn on aviation, agriculture and fracking
Last week, Bloom Energy filed for its own initial public offering, revealing its core financial details for the first time
A new collaborative EV charging agreement was unveiled in Portland this week