Serco-backed study shows that local authorities that operate recycling incentive schemes are sending less waste to landfill, but lack of data makes analysis difficult
It was to be a shining example of nudge theory in action. During the early days of the coalition the use of incentives rather than penalties to encourage people to recycle more was hailed by the government,...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial