Guy Newey argues that if the EU is as serious as it says about climate change then it has to correct the flaws in the bloc's emissions trading scheme
The European Emissions Trading Scheme is having a rough time. An auction in Germany had to be abandoned because bids for the emissions certificates did not meet a minimum price. The traded price collapsed...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial