Sweeping reforms expected to push up price of carbon, extend market to cover shipping, buildings, and road transport, and pave way for carbon border adjustment tariffs
The European Council has formally approved sweeping reforms to the EU's Emissions Trading Scheme designed to accelerate decarbonisation efforts right across the bloc and ramp up pressure on governments...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.