Countries formally back 1.5C target and pledge to stop financing coal power plants overseas, but fall short of confirming coal phase out date and fail to set out concrete measures for how they will accelerate climate action and finance
Campaigners have slammed leaders of the world's most developed nations for delivering a "weak" agreement on climate at this weekend's G20 Summit in Rome, arguing that leaders must now significantly ramp...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech development
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guide
- Access to our new BusinessGreen intelligence service, providing you with
- > Exclusive in-depth case studies
- > Policy briefings, white papers and reports on market trends that are shaping the direction of the net zero transition
- > Our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- > Online and interactive meetings with BusinessGreen’s editors to discuss the crucial stories and trends from the past month
Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial.