Ministers claim accelerated timeline for phasing out coal power will drive faster progress towards UK’s net zero goal and demonstrate climate leadership to other countries ahead of COP26
The government has confirmed it has brought forward the official date for the phase out of coal-fired electricity in the UK to October 2024, touting the move as evidence of the country's global leadership...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial