Revelation that plants make ‘smart investment decisions’ when interacting with soil bacteria could ultimately curb use of toxic nitrogen fertilisers, according to researchers
Researchers at the University of Oxford have made a discovery about how plants interact with soil bacteria that they claim could eventually help reduce the use of nitrogen fertilisers in farming. The...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial