BP, Shell and Total have all written down value of their assets by billions in the second quarter of 2020, but Exxon, Equinor and ConocoPhillips failed to report any significant material impairments
Fossil fuel majors have slashed the value of their oil and gas assets by $87bn in recent months as the coronavirus pandemic has decimated demand for oil and accelerated the pace of the clean energy transition,...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial