Latin American state becomes latest to pursue coal phase out, confirming it will ban new coal plants that do not feature carbon capture technology
The global push to phase out unabated coal power chalked up a major victory this week, as Chile announced it would ban the development of new coal power plants without carbon capture and storage (CCS)...
To continue reading this article...
- Enjoy exclusive news, insights and analysis from Europe’s leading source of information on the green economy and business.
- Make smart, responsible business decisions with an eye on the latest regulatory and tech developments
- Stay in the know with our overnight briefing, expertly curated help you run a competitive and sustainable business
- Tap into our extensive archive of exclusive articles, news, analysis and guides
- Access our Intelligence Reports and exclusive data-rich studies on business-critical aspects of the green economy (BG Advanced members only)
- Choose from 3 paid membership levels or start a 7-day no strings trial